Get away from it all this winter with a relaxing break at Hedley Wood on the Devon-Cornwall border.
Enjoy a cosy winter escape in our caravan holiday homes throughout November and December and stay with us for 3, 4 or 7 nights (or even longer!).
So, forget all about the stresses and strains of the festive period and book a break away to beautiful North Devon at Hedley Wood – with 3 night breaks starting from just £115!
Winter is a magical time of year to visit Devon with lots to see and do. From winter walks on deserted beaches and Christmas shopping trips in picturesque locations to festive-themed events and foodie festivals… you really will be spoilt for choice! There’s even our own New Year’s Eve party night where you can see in 2018 in style!
Snuggle up in our cosy self-catering accommodation this winter
Choose from our 2 or 3 bedroom holiday caravans, which sleep up to 8 people in style and comfort. They come fully equipped with everything you need for a self-catering holiday including cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster and utensils. All our holiday homes are pet friendly, so you can bring your pooch on holiday too!
Local events this winter
There is so much to see and do in North Devon and North Cornwall this winter. Below are just some of our favourites…
- The Cornish Winter Fair, Wadebridge, November 18th: The Cornish Winter Fair is a free event, held entirely under cover within the Exhibition Halls at the Royal Cornwall Events Centre, Wadebridge. It is a celebration of all things farming & food in Cornwall with plenty of free parking on site.
- Woolly’s Wonderland, the BIG Sheep, Bideford: December 2nd-31st: Santa’s elves will be beavering away day and night at The BIG Sheep adding their very own Christmas creativity to bring the magic of Christmas to everyone who visits. See Santa’s Magical Light Show Enjoy Ice Skating, Tobogganing & Snowboard Simulator Ewetopia Indoor Playground, Eweston Station Train Ride, & Twister Ride
- Christmas at the Milky Way Adventure Park, December 9th-23rd: A fun-filled festive day out here as Father Christmas and his elves will be visited in the magical grotto. Children will also receive a free gift included in the standard cost to enter the park and can have a go at gingerbread decorating! For crafty children and adults, there’s also the opportunity to make your own personalised baubles and Christmas cards
- Padstow Christmas Festival, December 7th-10th: Embrace the festive season with a trip to Padstow’s annual Christmas Festival and see this Cornish fishing village come alive with celebrity chefs, culinary delights and festive fun.
- Christmas Fair at the Castle, Bude, December 10th: The Castle has been hosting a Christmas Fair since 2009. From stocking fillers to perfect presents, seasonal shopping from stalls offering local arts, crafts, food and produce. Café Limelight will be open throughout the day and we will be running a ‘pop-up café’ selling mulled wine and minced pies in the marquee.
New Year’s Eve Party
Bring your dancing shoes and get ready to party! See in the New Year at Hedley Wood with our special New Year’s Eve Party night for holidaymakers staying over the New Year period. Tickets cost £8 for adults and £4 for children