Enjoy dog friendly holidays in Devon at Hedley Wood
At Hedley Wood we know that your pet is part of the family and that the thought of leaving your companion behind can be hard. But, with our range of accommodation, you can enjoy dog friendly holidays in Devon! After all, why should your dog miss out on all the fun?
Our entire range of holiday caravans are pet friendly and all are finished to a high standard, so you won’t have to compromise on style or comfort!
Our 2 and 3 bedroom caravans are spacious and come fully equipped with everything you need for the perfect self-catering holiday in North Devon.
We welcome well-behaved dogs at our holiday park* and we even have dedicated areas where you can exercise your dog on our park.
Dog day kennels
Need a safe place to leave your dog for the day? If you want to head out for the day and can’t take your four-legged friend with you, we offer informal dog kennels. Just bring along their bowl, food and bed and they’ll be safe and sound in our kennels. The charge is £4 per dog, per stay.
Say hello to dog friendly holidays in Devon!
North Cornwall and North Devon is the perfect place for pets! With wide open spaces and miles of dog-friendly beaches just waiting to be explored, your pooch will be able to run, sniff and seek until their heart is content!
Many of the region’s attractions, pubs and cafes gladly accept dogs too, so you won’t miss out on all the fun.
Nearby there are many beaches nearby that welcome dogs year-round, including:
- Northcott Mouth is the main stretch of sand that, at low tide, joins up with Crooklets beach in the south and almost as far as Duckpool in the north. As with many of the beaches in this area there is a mix of pebbles at high tide and expanses of sand, punctuated by the distinctive fingers of rock known as the Bude Formation.
- Summerleaze is an easy walk from Bude town centre, Summerleaze boasts extensive sands in every direction and, as such, it hardly ever feels crowded! Dogs are allowed on here all year round, but must be kept on a lead between May 21st – September 30th.
- Blackrock is located at the southern end of Widemouth Bay, Blackrock is a long sandy beach that is popular with families and surfers. There is a seasonal dog ban from Easter to October, but this only covers half the beach. There’s plenty of parking too.
- Sandy Mouth Beach is a 2km long beach reveals a large stretch of sand at low tide when it connect with the other Bude-area beaches. It’s a great family beach and dogs are allowed on here all year round.
- Bossiney Cove is a picturesque, small cove that is relatively quiet compared to much of the surrounding area, as it is situated between the more popular locations of Boscastle and Tintagel.
- Port Isaac and Port Gaverne beaches The popularity of Port Isaac has gone through the roof over the last 10 years, thanks to its location as the home town of TV’s grumpy Doc Martin. The beach at Port Isaac stretches out to the twin piers at low tide revealing an expanse of sand. As this is also the harbour you will have to share it with the small fishing fleet which is left stranded with the tide
- Welcome Mouth Beach is just over the Devon border and boasts a small beach in a secluded, quiet bay. A small car park gives access to one of the loveliest beaches near Hartland. Some of the lanes to get here are quite narrow but it is worth the effort.
- Clovelly Beach has a small pebble beach just below the car-free, historic village. On both sides of the narrow bay here there are concrete platforms, which are popular with sunbathers in warm weather.
Pet go free
If you would like to bring your pet on holiday to our park please book in advance. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per static caravan accommodation permitted.
Want to know more? We’ve got a range of 2 and 3 bedroom caravans for you to choose from – may of which are pet friendly. Take a closer look at our range of holiday caravans and see which one is right for you (and your pet) and book your break with us today…
*Terms and conditions
We welcome well-behaved dogs in selected pet friendly accommodation at our park. Dogs that are specified in the Dangerous Dogs Act are not permitted – this includes all breeds of Pit Bulls, Rottweiller, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro even where these types of dog are muzzled. There is a maximum of two dogs per static caravan accommodation permitted. We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered disruptive or affecting the comfort of guests to remove it from the Park. Other pets may be permitted at our discretion. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet at the time of making your booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) do not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere on the Park. They must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet.