Enjoy dog friendly holidays in Devon at Hedley Wood
We’re the perfect dog-friendly location – dogs stay for FREE and there is loads for you and your pooch to enjoy in the local area.
There are plenty of dog-friendly coves and beaches within easy reach, where dogs can run through waves and along golden sands. Even in the high season, lots of our biggest local beaches still welcome dogs on leads.
We’re blessed with great walks too. Enjoy the rolling countryside around our park or spend a day exploring Dartmoor, the nearby Hartland Heritage Coast or the South West Coastal Path.
Many of our local attractions, pubs and cafés welcome dogs too, so all the family can enjoy time together. And if you do want the freedom to explore, why not take advantage of our day kennels.
Your dog will feel right at home
All of our accommodation is pet friendly and includes the following items for your dog. It saves space in the car and will make your dog feel right at home:
- Dog basket
- Food bowl
- Water bowl
- Dog treats
- Poop bags
Dog Day Kennels
If you’ve planned a day without your dog, book them into our day kennels giving you freedom to explore or travel further afield. Just bring along their bowl, food and bed. The charge is £4 per dog, per stay.
After rolling around in sea and sand your dog’s coat might need some care and attention, so bring them along to our pet showers for a welcome soak.
Dog Walking Trails
There’s a dedicated dog walking area on park so you can pop out to stretch your legs together.
Explore dog-friendly beaches!
North Cornwall and North Devon is the perfect place for pets! With wide open spaces and miles of dog-friendly beaches just waiting to be explored, your pooch will be able to run, sniff and seek until their heart is content!
Nearby there are many beaches nearby that welcome dogs year-round, including:
- Northcott Mouth is the main stretch of sand that, at low tide, joins up with Crooklets beach in the south and almost as far as Duckpool in the north. As with many of the beaches in this area there is a mix of pebbles at high tide and expanses of sand, punctuated by the distinctive fingers of rock known as the Bude Formation.
- Summerleaze is an easy walk from Bude town centre, Summerleaze boasts extensive sands in every direction and, as such, it hardly ever feels crowded! Dogs are allowed on here all year round, but must be kept on a lead between May 21st – September 30th.
- Blackrock is located at the southern end of Widemouth Bay, Blackrock is a long sandy beach that is popular with families and surfers. There is a seasonal dog ban from Easter to October, but this only covers half the beach. There’s plenty of parking too.
- Sandy Mouth Beach is a 2km long beach reveals a large stretch of sand at low tide when it connect with the other Bude-area beaches. It’s a great family beach and dogs are allowed on here all year round.
- Bossiney Cove is a picturesque, small cove that is relatively quiet compared to much of the surrounding area, as it is situated between the more popular locations of Boscastle and Tintagel.
- Port Isaac and Port Gaverne beaches The popularity of Port Isaac has gone through the roof over the last 10 years, thanks to its location as the home town of TV’s grumpy Doc Martin. The beach at Port Isaac stretches out to the twin piers at low tide revealing an expanse of sand. As this is also the harbour you will have to share it with the small fishing fleet which is left stranded with the tide
- Welcome Mouth Beach is just over the Devon border and boasts a small beach in a secluded, quiet bay. A small car park gives access to one of the loveliest beaches near Hartland. Some of the lanes to get here are quite narrow but it is worth the effort.
- Clovelly Beach has a small pebble beach just below the car-free, historic village. On both sides of the narrow bay here there are concrete platforms, which are popular with sunbathers in warm weather.
Dogs stay for FREE
If you would like to bring your dog on holiday to our park please book in advance*. There is a maximum of 2 dogs per static caravan accommodation permitted, and unlimited dogs on camping, touring and motorhome breaks. Each dog staying at Hedley Wood will receive a free welcome pack upon arrival.
Want to know more? We’ve got a range of 2 and 3 bedroom caravans for you to choose from – all of which are pet friendly. Take a closer look at our range of holiday caravans and see which one is right for you (and your pet) and book your break with us today…
*Terms and conditions
We welcome well-behaved dogs in selected pet friendly accommodation at our park. Dogs that are specified in the Dangerous Dogs Act are not permitted – this includes all breeds of Pit Bulls, Rottweiller, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, Fila Brasileiro even where these types of dog are muzzled. There is a maximum of two dogs per static caravan accommodation permitted. We reserve the right to require the owner of any dog or pet considered disruptive or affecting the comfort of guests to remove it from the Park. Other pets may be permitted at our discretion. You must tell us that you are bringing a pet at the time of making your booking. You must bring your pet basket with you and ensure that your pet(s) do not lie on the bedding or chairs under any circumstances. Pets must not be left unattended in accommodation or elsewhere on the Park. They must be exercised on a lead and in the charge of an adult. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet.