Easter. It’s all about the chocolate, right? Just how many Easter eggs can you (or your kids) eat in one day without rotting your teeth?
Actually there is more to this time of year than chocolate eggs, as good as they are… It’s also a great time of year to visit Devon and Cornwall. With the temperature rising and the days getting longer it’s a popular time for breaks away to the South West, with lots to see and do.
Easter holidays in Devon are about egg hunts, walks on the beach and days out at top family attractions! At Hedley Wood, you’re best placed to see all that the region has to offer PLUS you’re only a stone’s throw away from dozens of Easter-themed events taking place locally. Here’s just some of our favourites…
Easter holidays in Devon & Cornwall – local events guide
- Find the Easter Chicks at Clovelly, April 8-22: Can your kids find all the chicks to win a chocolatey prize? Children receive a village map on entry on which to mark the location of a number of Easter chicks perched up and down the cottages along the High Street to the quay. If they spot at least 10 chicks, they can return the map to the Visitor Centre reception to win an Easter egg and a bigger prize if they spot all 15!
- Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt at Arlington Court, April 19: Get outside this Easter and take part in a nature trail across the beautiful grounds of Arlington Court, collecting clues to claim your Cadbury chocolate prize.
- Easter fun at Eden, April 6-25: Have you got the Eggs Factor? Come along to Eden’s Easter Eggstravaganza to find out! There are dozens of activities for the whole family to have a crack at this Easter, in their new three-week programme.
- Cornwall Spring Flower Show, April 6-7: Named by The Sunday Telegraph as one of the best flower shows to visit in the UK, this celebration of Cornwall’s rich garden heritage takes place in the magnificent grounds of Boconnoc House, and features show gardens, trade stands and competitive classes.
- St Endellion Music Festival, April 13-21: This festival has made a speciality of English language performances of the Bach Passions whose intensity in the church’s intimate setting is a musical experience not to be missed.
Get ready to explore!
There are few more naturally beautiful and unspoilt areas of the UK than North Devon and North Cornwall.
Holidays in North Devon and North Cornwall are perfect for lovers of the great outdoors; from walking and cycling to water sports and golf, there is so much to see and do – and our holiday park is the ideal base from which to experience it all!
Enjoy walks on the South West Coast Path, Exmoor or Bodmin Moor or head to the beach and soak up the summer sun. Away from the stunning landscape, there’s lots to see and do! Take your pick from a choice of theme parks, adventure parks, zoos, historic houses, formal gardens and much more…
Holidays to suit all tastes and budgets
Pack up your tent, hook up your touring caravan or just bring yourselves and enjoy the perfect self-catering holiday at Hedley Wood. Whatever your preference may be, we’ve got something to suit your needs at our holiday park near Bude.
Choose from our 2 or 3 bedroom holiday caravans, which sleep up to 8 people in style and comfort. They come fully equipped with everything you need including cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster and utensils.