Disability Access at Hedley Wood
The purpose of the following statement is to describe the accessibility of Hedley Wood Holiday Park to help people with restricted access decide if we can cater for their needs. If there is anything not covered in this statement, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 01288 381404, we are more than happy to help.
Here’s a quick guide to accessibility at Hedley Wood Holiday Park
- The site is split into three areas, the top section is predominately flat for camping and touring although at present does not have a disabled toilet or shower facility, the second level has our holiday homes situated on a level area with a gradual incline to a lower camping and touring area whilst the lower level has accessible areas for touring and camping.
- There is wheelchair friendly access to our buildings and communal areas, reception and our clubhouse has ramped access with a wide door suitable for wheelchair access. Our Disabled toilet and shower facility is located in this area and can be accessed from the front Reception area.
- Reception is well lit with good access; our friendly team are there to help. We also have large pens and paper available along with a magnifying glass for communication purposes.
- We welcome guide dogs and have several pet’s friendly accommodation units available.
- Whilst enquires and bookings can be conducted via our website and/or email please feel free to call us directly at site to discuss specific requirements.
- We have good links with our local community supplies so we can source any “aids” requirements and have them delivered to your holiday accommodation.
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24hrs a day.
- We have one Accessible Accommodation unit that is suitable for wheelchair access – please call site directly for guidance.
Here is a more detailed look at all areas across the park:
- We confirm all holiday bookings by mail, and we can be contacted by telephone, email and post. We accept calls through Type Talk services
- Our website complies with Web Accessibility initiative and all pages are built to AA (Double A) standard, complying with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines
- We can put you in touch with local suppliers for wheelchair and aid hire along with any oxygen requirements. We will take delivery and ensure it is delivered to accommodation on arrival.
- All our buildings are accessed at each level with no lifts and some steps.
- Bus – there is a bus stop at the main road approximately ½ mile from our Reception entrance of our holiday park, local buses have a low threshold for access and generally ramps are provided. A timetable is available at reception.
- Plane – our nearest airport is Exeter Airport (61 miles)
- Taxi – a list of operators is available in reception
- There is level access into our reception area with a wide door. The area is well lit and plenty of room for wheelchair access
- We have magnifying glasses, large pens and paper available.
- Our friendly reception team are happy to provide/research details of local attractions that would suit your needs.
- Large font copies of timetables, menus are available
- There is one main access to the shop all on one level
- Shelves are stacked from floor level to head height with most aisles wide enough for wheelchair access.
- Parking is available close to the shop
- Local supermarkets can also deliver directly to your holiday accommodation.
- This area is accessible via the Reception pathway and it has a wide door to accommodate wheelchair access.
- The Bar/Restaurant area is dog friendly and guide dogs are welcome
- Large font menus are available on request
- A full allergen listing is available
- Toilet access is on the same level but requires access by going outside under a covered walkway to the facility.
- Hedley Wood has three different levels; the upper part is predominately flat for touring and camping. We recommend lower areas of the park for disabled guests or our accessible holiday home. Various types of accommodation are available at this level. Please call our friendly reception team for full details and discuss your requirements.
- Guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are accepted in all areas
- The main roads throughout the site and public areas are surfaced with tarmac and gravel.
- Key areas of the park are illuminated at night.
- There is a restricted speed limit in place on the site
- Out of hours emergency assistance is available 24 hrs a day
- Bude Coastal town centre is generally located on the flat but has hilly areas and has good access to shops, restaurants and public houses, this town is approximately 10 min drive or taxi fare away from the site.
- The nearest accessible beach is in Bude approximately 5-6 miles from the site, toilets are available.
Whilst we do not have one specifically adapted holiday accommodation units will allow good access. Our friendly reception team are more than happy to discuss the suitability of the accommodation and any special requirements you may have, we would suggest you call them on 01288 381404 and have a direct conversation.