At last it’s time to celebrate the return of that bright, warm, shiny thing up in the sky. Yes, the sun has finally found his hat… and now is the perfect time to get away from it all (and fire up the BBQ…)
Discover Cornwall and Devon in May or June with a stay at our Bude Holiday Park and explore a beautiful region blessed with a spectacular coastline, top family attractions and must-see destinations.
Why not avoid the hustle and bustle of a break in the busy summer holidays and visit Cornwall and Devon in May or June. These quieter times of year are ideal for exploring the county without having to fight the queues and the congestion.
Hedley Wood is perfectly placed for you to see the very best that both these counties have to offer. From award-winning attractions and top local events to stunning beaches and rolling countryside – there is so much to see and do.
But, away from the beautiful beaches, idyllic destinations and award-wining attractions what else is there to do in Cornwall and Devon in May and June? Well, the simple answer is… rather a lot! Take a look at our mini guide for more inspiration…
Cornwall & Devon in May and June: events guide
- Bude & Stratton Folk Festival, May 25-28: The Folk Festival is a friendly mix of folk concerts, workshops and themed events held annually on the late May Bank Holiday weekend. It features dance displays, music and song all based in and around the North Cornwall coastal town of Bude.
- Charles Causley Festival, May 30 – June 3: This festival celebrates the life and work of Launceston’s most prized writer Charles Causley, and promotes the best of literature and arts from across the region hosting a varied programme of events.
- Bridgerule Beer Festival, May 27: Head to nearby Bridgerule for a family friendly beer festival over the May Bank Holiday Weekend! Here you can enjoy a selection of 10 beers and ciders plus live music from Feedback, Iguana Sunset and the Bridgerule Jammers plus adult and children bouncy castles and plenty more! There’s also a hog roast, pizzas and pasties to help keep you going!
- Meet Paddington at Bodmin and Wenford Railway: Meet Paddington when he stops at Bodmin General Station for a unique visit in May. Steam trains, stories, music and one very special bear. Don’t miss it!
- Royal Cornwall Show, June 7-9: Cornwall’s showcase since 1793 and a fascinating glimpse into rural life. Apart from the livestock judging, there is the famous flower tent, show jumping and a fast and furious inter-hunt relay.
Where should you visit this May and June?
Devon and Cornwall are renowned holiday destinations but it’s arguably their coastlines that have earned these two counties such a strong following.
The North coast of Devon and Cornwall and Devon is extremely varied, from flat sandy beaches that stretch as far as they eye can see to steep, craggy cliff faces and narrow coves that are barely accessible.
But holidays in North Devon and North Cornwall are not just about the beaches and the scenery. Away from the stunning landscape, there’s lots to see and do! Take your pick from a choice of theme parks, adventure parks, zoos, historic houses, formal gardens and much more… we may not be able to guarantee the weather but we guarantee that you certainly won’t get bored!
Your choice of accommodation this spring and early summer
Hedley Wood is the number one choice for your North Devon self-catering holiday. We have a range of spacious and comfortable caravans, NEW Safari Tents and NEW Safari Lodges equipped with everything you need for a superb self-catering holiday. All accommodation is supplied with duvets, pillows, bed linen and beds are made up ready for your arrival. Want to see more of our accommodation? But our park is also popular for touring and camping holidays, with a huge of choice of pitches available for your caravan, tent or motorhome. Take a look at our gallery of images below…