Keeping you Safe on Holiday
We know how much everyone looks forward to a holiday and we know how important it is to you to have quality time away with your friends and family. After all, it’s all those amazing memories we cherish for years to come.
With that in mind, we’ve worked really hard to ensure that your break feels as fun as it normally would, but want to reassure you that we have put safety measures in place to keep you safe and sound during your stay.
We’re an approved ‘We’re Good to Go’ business as we can demonstrate that we are adhering to the respective Government and public health guidance, have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and have the required processes in place.
What we’ve put in place to ensure you have a safe holiday
Social distancing around the park
- There are one-way systems clearly marked around the park and internal areas
- Hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and exit to our venues, facilities and offices
- Public toilets are open, however, please adhere to 2 metre social distancing & remember to always was your hands thoroughly
- We encourage cashless/contactless transactions. Our card readers accept contactless payments up to £45.
- Prior to your arrival, you will receive an email from us letting you know what to expect on check-in and all the handy park information, including a park map
- We’ll also give you a courtesy call just to see what time you are due to arrive and to give you directions to your accommodation or touring pitch
- We will be providing a drive through check-in, with a traffic marshal to assist you finding your accommodation or touring pitch
- We’ll leave your keys in your accommodation
- We’re going paperless, so please remember to download the park app before you arrive. You’ll also need it to pre-book activities on the park
Your holiday accommodation
- Your accommodation will be sealed with a door sticker when you arrive
- Our housekeeping team wear gloves, masks and aprons when cleaning your accommodation
- You’ll have your very own eco-friendly sanitiser to use during your stay
- All sheets, duvet covers & pillows cases are washed at high temperatures
- All surfaces will be cleaned with warm soapy water using a disposable cloth & disinfectant
Be kind to others
- Wear a face mask in all internal areas on the park
- Wash your hands regularly with hot water and soap
- Remember to keep a happy 2m apart from people not in our group
Please be patient as some things may take a little longer due to the restrictions we are operating under
- Be kind to the team on park, we’re here to help you have a safe stay
Your holiday park experience
We will be following the latest Government advice and road map so will open the facilities accordingly. Here is what will be open on the park during your holiday:
From 12th April:
– Shop, for essential items
– Takeaway food and drink
From 17th May (earliest):
– All facilities, subject to Covid secure procedures.
The Woodman Restaurant & Bar
- Everyone must register themselves on the NHS track & trace before entering the venue or using the facilities on park. There are QR codes located at the internal venue doors which you can scan using your phone
Food and drink can be served as takeaway or to enjoy outside. Seating areas are first come first served. Takeaway can be ordered from the food to go app
- All tables will be spaced for social distancing and menus will be single-use
- Tables will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly between customers. Clear signage to indicate tables that have been sanitised and are ready for use
- Don’t forget to wear your face mask when you’re not sat at the table
- We’re busy bees this season creating an exciting new holiday home owners development on the park, perfect for those who want their very own holiday home to escape to in Devon. Therefore, you may notice some building activity on the park.